Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A New Era...

I'm staring at this blank, blogging slate...and I have no idea what to share.

How do you sum up the intensity of change that has thunder-bolted through your life, after not having written for over a year?

I am not the woman I once was...

(Enter sound of rushing wind, indicating a sudden trek back through time)

OK, first-things-first:

In the Fall of 2006, Donna (having recently wed the dashing Jason Shaw), Lisa, and I gathered to clean and exit our beloved haven located at Lakeview Apartments, and re-locate both Lisa and I into my new apartment in Louisville (not far from the lovely Mrs. Shaw herself). The whole ordeal was quite the memory, as we both packed AND removed our belongings via truck and car caravan, in a record
5 HOURS. To this day, I still have nightmares...


At the same time, the adventurous Miss Lisa McGary was preparing in a matter of days to exit our beloved American soil, and to venture abroad for several months in the quaint and classic gardens of Great Britain. She made tons of friends, collected a library of memories, and - following after the Lord's lead - entered into a whole new season of life and learning (which followed her back to the states in the early Spring of 2007).

Meanwhile, back in Kentucky, while attending classes and living my long-fantasized-about life of a single, twenty-something facing the odds on her own (and loving it!); Jen receives the good word of babies-to-be: yes, Donna and Jason are expecting (not to mention two of my other good friends, Sandy and Cassey, who were also to welcome little bundles of joy into the world...).

Thus begins the next several months of baby showers, baby shopping, and learning everything there is to know about how a woman's pregnant body works (at least, from an excited Auntie's perspective). But that wasn't all those memorable months would bring, friends: for the Lord was about to unleash an unexpected life surprise of my very own...in the form of Jim Ashby.


In early December 2006, this charming and genuine young man initiates a pursuit for my heart that was launched out of almost nowhere; and landed both of us at the altar of Immanuel Baptist Church on October 14, 2007, saying our "I do's" before cherished friends and family. Ladies and gentleman, I am thrilled to announce that I am
now Mrs. Jennifer C. Ashby!

Whew! Suffice it to say, I have left out many a juicy detail in this brief (yet exhaustive) glance back, each of which I plan on utilizing as blogging fuel in the future - stuffed with baby pictures, wedding photos, and thanksgiving and praise to the Lord on High for His eternal generosity to His people. Ciao!

6 comments:

Donna S. said...

YAY - fun update... I'm so honored to by a part of it. It really HAS been a busy year, huh? I couldn't ask for better friends to journey with - I love you, Jenny ben!

J. C. Ashby said...

YAY, DONNA! Can you believe it? We're BLOGGING again!

Oooo...that reminds me: I need to update my personal profile.

Your turn, chica - time to blog! :)

Amy Lore said...

Jen! Glad to see you back in the blogosphere:). I'll check yours if you check mine!
www.theartofblogging.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

YAY! Jen is BACK!!!

Lisa said...

yeah!!! it is so good to be blogging again. wow, a lot has happened in just a little over a year. great photo of you and Jim-bo! ;)

Donna S. said...

Hm... the pressure is on, but I just don't know if I have the gumption to blog again. What would I write about? Any suggestions?