Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's Almost Here!

Christmas typically tends to be the most beloved holiday of almost anyone you meet...AND IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!

And (to be honest): I haven't even BEGUN my Christmas shopping yet. :(

Ever since I was young, some of the ongoing Christmas traditions in my Mom's extended family are:

1) Gramma Charlotte's OUTSTANDING home-made noodles (best experienced over a huge mound of mashed potatoes)

2) $5 Gift Exchange between all the adults (usually consisting of tons of chocolate, homemade trinkets, and random stuff from Wal-Mart)

3) Yay, Frozen Jell-O punch!

4) All the York Peppermint Patties one Seminary student can handle! :)

So, just out of curiosity, what are some of the holiday traditions that you and your family celebrate; or what's something that you most look forward to about Christmas?

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Best thing about Christmas at my house - every year, my mom gets matching pjs for my sister and me, and it's the one gift that we get to open on Christmas Eve. This tradition stems from the fact that during our childhood, we could never make it past dinnertime on Christmas Eve without begging to open just ONE present.... my mom was already buying the pjs for Christmas pictures anyway, so she started wrapping them so that we could open something early. We are now 25 and 23 years old respectively, and we STILL get matching Christmas pjs and we STILL can't wait to open them!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I hate to break it to you, but Christmas is kinda far away. ;)


It was cool seeing you today. I miss hanging out with you, Donna and Jason. What are you doing at the last weekend of March?

RonK said...

ummmmmmm, today's special is Ron Kinzel saying Hi!

Hi!

I have visited your store about 5 times since you left Unique to say HEY, but haven't caught. I know your manager pretty well now and have quit asking when he's around, because I think he thinks I'm stalking you.

I miss you!
Just wanted to say HEY!
Is Lisa back in the states?
Tell her HI too.

okbye

Anonymous said...

R.I.P, Jen's blog. :)

Unknown said...

o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o blog maintenance required
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o blog neglect; eligible for indictment
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o hey jen ;)