Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Brainless Moments

OK, so here's Jen's "Brainless Moment" of the week:

It's Thursday (December 1), and I've just finished my last final for the Fall of 2005 (Dr. Parker's Intro to Philosophy...for those who care). I come home to find awaiting me an important letter in urgent need of my prompt response (envelope was included). So I fill out the info that is needed, stuff it in the provided envelope, print my return address on the outside, and drop it in the mail box.

Suddenly I realize: I DID NOT PUT A STAMP ON THE ENVELOPE!!! But the funny/ironic part comes in that the letter was to a certain destination on Southern's campus. MY RETURN ADDRESS IS MY CAMPUS ACCOUNT!!! Thus, I could have saved myself this ridiculous moment of self-embarassment by just curbing my enthusiasm, and running the info to the office in the AM.

Ah... It's moments like these that make humor worthwhile.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genius. Pure genius.

Anonymous said...

JENN ... i finally came up with something ... make your readers do the writing.

J. C. Ashby said...

Christine: GOOD IDEA!! I haven't had a chance to comment yet, but I saw your post the other day. It looks like fun... Talk about blogger inspiration! :)

Pax in Domine, soror!

Anonymous said...

Jen, Read this out loud:

ME WEE TODD DID!!! ME SO WEE TODD DID!!!

Anonymous said...

Jose -- shame on you!

And yet I'm still laughing...

Lisa said...

Where do you come up with this stuff, Jose?

Anonymous said...

I get by with a little help from my friends.

I DO NOT get high with a little help from my friends because if those "friends" let you get high in their presence, well then they're no friends at all!

Anonymous said...

Jen - did you ever get this piece of mail back? We are wringing our hands!! End the suspense!!!

J. C. Ashby said...

No... I haven't yet. I keep checking my mailbox, but it's been almost two weeks now.

I wonder if I should call someone...

We'll have to discuss this later, D.

Have a cool day at work, and have fun tonight with your man!