Monday, June 12, 2006

Another Prayer Request

After receiving the e-mail from the President's Office this morning concerning Dr. Mohler's health, my heart was also burdened to share another prayer request with you all:

The mother of my roommate, Lisa McGary, has been battling a rare form of cancer, now, for quite some time. Providentially, the Lord has provided a way for her type of illness to be treated free of charge; yet the treatment is highly experimental, and tends to cause Lynn (Lisa's mom) much discomfort.

Lynn McGary is one of the "saltiest" saints I have ever met. This blessed woman has probably served and ministered to more people in one day of her sweet life than I have throughout my entire existence! She is a blessing to so many people, and a constant source of encouragement and challenge. This past weekend, as a matter of fact, in Nashville, TN at Judson Baptist Church, a group of 250 people arrived to join in prayer on Lynn McGary's behalf. Not only were there close family friends attending, but most had been personally served by the "Stone Soup" ministry which Mrs. McGary oversees (even in the midst of her health situation).

I would like to humbly request that anyone who reads this post to please keep Lynn McGary and her precious family in your thoughts and prayers. This woman has been a pillar of strength and Christian love, not only to her family, but EVERYONE she encounters, and it is because the Lord God is her joy, her salvation, and her hope. These past months have been particularly physically difficult, so please intercede on her behalf as the Spirit leads.

Thank you, and God bless!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray for her.

Lisa said...

Thank you for praying for Mom!

The Lord is faithful and I know He will answer our prayers in His way, in His time.

Anonymous said...

I will pray. Thank you for asking.

Anonymous said...

I will pray for her. The McGarys are dear friends of ours!