Saturday, January 21, 2006

Something I've Got to Say

Since coming here to Seminary, I have to confess, from my own personal experience, I have truly experienced a ton of "gentlemanly" guys, and I just feel like you all deserve to hear it said outloud (and they're not just "Southern boys" either).




As a daughter of the Lord, I have to admit: there's something sensationally moving about a man of God who treats his sisters like "princesses." Whether they're married, "attached," single as they come, fathers, brothers, friends, or total strangers: I have seen so many guys taking advantage of an opportunity to show us ladies what to look for, "wait for," and expect from our male counterparts. When one of our Christian brothers goes out of his way to hold open a door; devulge his heart in honest confession; or take the initiative to be Christ's hands and feet in humble service - at that moment, you have secured my earnest respect and appreciation. You show us all that you are TRULY practicing what you preach, and that you want your lifestyle to shout the Gospel louder than your intentions.

SO...for all you GENTS out there: THANK YOU!!! Please continue to grow in the Lord, and behave as the MEN you are. On a personal note, thank you for reminding me of the kind of woman I long to be for Christ - and setting a proper example to follow. We need you! We look up to you! And we support you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

J, thank you. And you're welcome. :-)

Anonymous said...

You seem to be singing a different tune from this blog. At any rate, when I arrive on campus (probably this summer) the stakes will be high. What women will be there will be women who are glad to be women. Such a change from Vermont!!!

Anonymous said...

Much obliged.

J. C. Ashby said...

Reapolitiklr:

My experiences in this case are personal ones that have led to this particular blog. I have had some experiences that would probably contradict this post...

...but what I am THANKFUL for are the ones here in Louisville, in my life, that remind me of the type of woman I want to be - and there have been several. :)

Take it for what it's worth, but all the girls I have come into acquaintance w/ here at Southern are DEFINITELY glad to be women.

Anonymous said...

I'm piping up with Jenn. I may have written statements ... okay, treatises ... expressing a desire for more bold gentlemen ... and i am afraid that i have neglected to show my appreciation for those who are. it seems to be a peculiar dynamic ... those who are gentlemen make me want to be more of a lady ... and those who are ladies make the men want to be gentlemen.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful group of gentlemen that we have the privilege to know. I'm glad that we have an avenue to express our appreciation.. yay for our brothers who fear the Lord and cause us to strive toward being more biblical and godly women!

Anonymous said...

So I'm apparently a little late coming accross this blog, but I couldn't miss an opportunity to comment here. Jen thank you so much for your willingness to express some thanks and encouragement. Amidst some of the less than appreciative blogs about SBTS guys, it's easy to feel very criticized. Your thanks are well said. Also, thank you for your clear love for the Lord and your willingness to let your brothers love and serve you.