Friday, July 14, 2006

Coffee?

As of next Friday, I am pleased (and proud) to report that I will begin training for working at one of my FAVORITE places in the world...

STARBUCKS COFFEE!



(Sigh) This job seems like it was a long time in coming, but with all the new stores opening up around our lovely Louisville, I am so grateful to the Lord that He has made a place for me! Since my cafeteria job at Southern ended at the close of May, God has been SO good and faithful to allow me time to "rest and recover" from a busy semester, and be able to spend quality time with friends and family.

And now I'm TRULY ready for my training to be a barrista!


So that rather got me to thinking about coffee and all coffee-related things: where are some of YOUR favorite coffee "hot spots," and what is it about them that attracts you so much? Do you have a favorite coffee drink? A treasured coffee memory? Do tell!

And I'm sure I'll be seeing you around...

"Will that be 'Tall,' 'Grande,' or 'Venti'?"




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Congrats again, Jen - FYI: I put in a good work for you with your soon-to-be district manager, Brandy (?). I met her last night at a Starbucks gathering and raved about you. :)

I have grown to really like Starbuck's Green Tea Latte with soy and two Splendas... mmmm... when I feel particularly brave I treat myself to a lactose-ridden Blackberry Green Tea Frappuccino. OH MAN - those things are freakin' AWESOME. Life changing. Exquisite. SINTILATING.

Love you girl - give me a holla holla sometime :)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you'll be able to unravel the mystery of why the smallest (and shortest) size at Starbuck's is called, 'tall.'

Anonymous said...

Ah, I remember fondly, my time employed at a coffee shop. It was a starbuck's competetor (in their own mind). But I do miss being a barista. I think my favorite part was being able to talk with the customers while I made their drinks; it took forever to get good enough to multitask, but it was SO worth it :)

Anonymous said...

You mean...*sob*...you...*sigh*...

Who's gonna give me my beloved styrofoam boxes to go?

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh... which Starbucks? I believe we will be seeing each other more and more!!!

Anonymous said...

Mike and I will have to come pester you when you're working ... he fancies himself to be a bit of a coffee nerd.

Anonymous said...

When Lisa still lived on campus, we would walk to Java, get White turtle Mochas, eat tons of raw sugar and have some wonderful long conversations..Oh! and play pickup sticks- how could I forget. Do you remember that one time, Lisa? we crossed the train tracks and visited that Mexican restaurant. That was a good book; though it was short. I wouldn't mind adding another chapter before you go...smile