Wednesday, March 29, 2006

"S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!"


It's been a while since I had some "high-culture" entertainment, but last Saturday night I had a date w/ my roommate, Lisa, to have a BLAST!


For those of you who didn't know, our own Southern Seminary choir was honorably invited to perform Beethoven's 9th Symphony w/ the Louisville Orchestra this past weekend. There were three performances in all, and Lees and I were able to attend Saturday evening.


Can I just say that it's been a LONG time since I had heard or experienced anything SO intensely INCREDIBLE! Not only was the orchestra amazingly talented, the combination of choral talent and music was enough to give everyone there the goosebumps and leave with tears in their eyes...and I exaggerate NOT.



When you think about how we are created in the image of our creative and ordered God, to be able to sit for a few hours and sample the genius of one of His own fashioned beings (Beethoven) cannot help but to draw your thoughts and contemplations Heavenward. Such beauty found amidst a fallen and sinful people just goes to PROVE that we still retain some of the marks of His existence.









It was such a privilege to hang out w/ our good friends, Tony and Ron (who looked AWESOME in their tuxes, by the way...), and make some fun and playful memories at the Kentucky Center for Arts afterwards. Check it out!




















































Conclusions for the evening: I'm DEFINITELY doing this again, and Lisa McGary is a GREAT date. :)


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you look pretty in those pictures?
and I must say, Amen! Those guys for sure composed some glorious stuff back then. I'm often taken by the intricacy and thoughtfulness found in classical music. Praise the Lord for classical music!

Anonymous said...

A week of beautiful music and beautiful nature (Deam Lake). What more could you ask for?? :)

Glad that you and Leese had a great time... and I love that pic of Lisa behind the statue. :)

J. C. Ashby said...

ME, TOO! Doesn't she just look PRECIOUS, D?!

Jen, the next time we go to the orchestra...you MUST come w/ us. I'll be seeing you in the library next week.

Research paper: here I come!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe that I'm actually pictured on your blog page. I've really hit the big time. Thanks for coming to the performance Saturday. It is always nice to know I have friends in the audience. It was fun to hang w/ you and Lees after the performance also.

J. C. Ashby said...

LOL!

Tony, you make it sound like my blog page is something "special."

Wait a minute...

(Jen pauses to reread the title of her blog)

Oh.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I just want to tell you that the first pic of you is SO ADORABLE! I love it! You should change your SBTSBlogs.net pic to that one.
-nikki

J. C. Ashby said...

LOL! Thanks, Nikki...

Lisa took that one. She's GREAT w/ the camera, and HILARIOUS w/ her photographic imagination.

I pray all is going well for you in Georgia. I enjoy reading about all the Lord is teaching you as a new wife, and trust His blessings will continue to flow to the both of you. :)

God bless!

Lisa said...

It was a blast, Jenny-Ben! I am so glad we went and got to see the boys perform....excellent job, Ron and Tony!

D really must come with us next time...perhaps, next time the ballet. Watcha think, D and J?

Anonymous said...

They have a new ballet coming to the Louisville Ballet... or it's already there... or.... ?

Somebody look into it and let's see what we can make happen... Lord willing (I've been reading James lately). :)