Wednesday, October 12, 2005

What's Your Theme Song?

I love movie soundtracks! (Maybe I should say that again to emphasize my passion...). I LOVE MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS!!! Tonight I was given the IMMENSE privilege of sharing my "small" collection with my roomie, Miss Lisa, and even ordered two NEW ones online. Maybe it's not so much that I enjoy movie soundtracks, as much as I just love a GOOD CD of orchestral creation. Most of my collection is composed of songs performed by the London Symphony Orchestra (one of my FAV'S!), which is also one of my motivators for purchasing a cello (I used to play one WAY back...), and learning to play again like so many years ago.

Anyway, the thing about orchestral music is it can be so EXPRESSIVE about life and situations thereof. For example, your stuck in traffic and about to be late for a MAJOR exam: pop in "Last of the Mohicans" (Track 2), and you're good to go! Or, you're out with that special someone, walking amongst the Jo-Bowl in the evening autumn air as the misty fog is rising off the newly mowed grass: insert "Braveheart" (Track 3 or 4) and BAM! - your regular stroll is suddenly a tender, romantic evening walk with the only other person in the world. (Sigh and swoon...)

See the trend? Music can offer such FLAVOR in our daily activities... So: do you have any theme songs?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lately, I've been listening to the Batman Begins orchestral score. Track 10 (Molossus) is great when driving on the highway - it's this fast, pounding track that pumps you up and finds you, umm, getting a ticket for driving 100MPH or so...

(just kidding. The cop was nice and wrote the ticket for 80MPH.)

Anonymous said...

It is always good to hear from another Last of the Mohican fan. A few years ago I mad a mix of sountrack music on to one cd. It is a combination of Braveheart, Gladiator, Last of the Mohicans, Chariots of Fire, and Glory. I would say it is my theme soundtrack.

Lisa said...

Guess what movie I rented for us to watch this weekend? (hint: Louisa May Alcott).

I love bagpipes so the Braveheart soundtrack is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

My theme song would probably be "Rawkfist" by Thousand Foot Krutch... nah, but I do like to blare that song when I'm getting ready (I guess you know that, Jen).

Seriously, it would probably be something like "Brave" by Nichole Nordeman... I really like that song...

Of course, you can never beat the classic "Eye of the Tiger" ... ah, memories of running the indoor track with you singing at the top of our lungs.. :)

J. C. Ashby said...

John! That sounds like the ULTIMATE soundtrack... I'm envious, but you've blessed me with a grand idear. Time for me to put together my supreme workout/jam CD. Next time you see my running in the gym - you KNOW what I'll be listening to. :)

Anonymous said...

Clair De Lune by Debussy

Anonymous said...

Star Wars: A New Hope (Main Score and Cantina Theme). LOTR. Both Fantasia films (especially Gerswin's "Rhapsody in Blue" Track 3 in Fantasia 2000; and Stravinsky's "Firebird Suite: 1919" Track 8 Fantasia 2000). This was hard for me to confess, but I like Titanic (MINUS THE OVERPLAYED THEME SONG!!!). My "ethnic" pick is "Mambo Kings" (1992).

Anonymous said...

You want an awesome Soundtrack? Go see Elizabethtown!!

Everybody go see Elizabethtown!!!

Anonymous said...

It's almost cliche, but O Brother Where Art Thou is simply wondeful. Of course, I enjoy bluegrass...

Other than that...there's nothing better than driving on a sunny day with Crosby, Stills, and Nash blarring Suite: Judy Blue Eyes for all to hear.

Jen, we gotta talk soon!!!

Anonymous said...

ROCKY!, ROCKY!, ROCKY!, ROCKY!

Anonymous said...

DUN-digga-digga-digga-digga-DUN-DUN-DUN-digga-digga-digga-digga-DUN-DUN-DUN-digga-digga-digga-digga-DUN-DUN-DUN!! *runs up a flight of stairs as she sings, pumping her fists in the air*

Lisa said...

Hope you and D have an amazing night on the town (going to hear Jason and the guys jam at the coffee shop).

BTW, I LOVED hearing your Last of the Mohican soundtrack...can I just say, wow!

Don't forget to stop by my blog and read about what I wanted to be when I grew up...hehehe.

Lisa said...

Hey Jen,

Just as I promised, here is the post about our riverfront escapades! I know you and Donna will enjoy (not to mention that you will come to realize that I am a slight historical revisionist...smile)

Click on my name on the top left of this post or go to this link

www.lisamcgary2005.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I have many theme songs. Right now it's "We gon gichu open"--buch.ah.don.hea.mee.doe